Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company, SNEPCo lunch 2017 Shell Postgraduate Scholarship Opportunity for Nigerians.
The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from any state and the federal capital territory to acquire a Master’s Degree in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, with a specific focus on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at renowned universities in the United Kingdom.
SNEPCo, in partnership with three universities, namely the University of Birmingham, Newcastle University and University of Plymouth, will award three (3) scholarships for one year M.Sc, studies for the academic year commencing September 2017.
The courses listed below qualify for scholarships at the three institutions
University of Birmingham
University of Plymouth
SHELL NIGERIA POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP – ELIGIBILITY.
To qualify for the scholarship; applicants must:
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- The applicants must meet the University’s English language requirements (at least 65 in IELTS, a minimum of 5.5 in each element or a minimum of C6 grade in the English Language in SSCE (WAEC/NECO) or equivalent TOEFL or score valid for Sept 2017 admission)
- The applicants must aged below 28 years by 30/09/201 7
- Application meant for Citizenship of Nigeria only (proof of this will be required)
- Currently residing in Nigeria
- The applicants’ must prepare to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed program of study
- Possess a university degree equivalent to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree) at a minimum Not Have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a valid Nigerian passport valid to December 2018
- The applicant must be neither current nor former employees, who have left employment less than 5 years before of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the Nigerian Consultant;
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the Nigerian Consultant
HOW TO APPLY FOR SHELL NIGERIA POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP.
- Submit application for admission to the any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifying courses
- Application forms only available through the participating universities websites.
- Universities will process applications and endorse eligible candidates to attend an interview before being considered for final selection
- The application close 30th June 2017.
Follow the links below to reach participating universities:
University of Birmingham
- The scholarship will cover full tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
- Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only
Closing Date: 30th June 2017.