Applications are open to suitably qualified first-degree graduates to the University of Benin (UNIBEN) postgraduate programmes admission for the 2017/2018 academic session. The postgraduate programmes lead to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D in the various Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the University of Benin.
UNIBEN POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS.
- A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the university of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) A credit pass in Maths and English is required.
- Four credits of Ordinary level plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
- Candidates who obtained Masters degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil programme in the first instance.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a weighted average score of 60% or letter grade ‘B’ average in the Masters degree.
- A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall on admission be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% or letter grade ‘B’.
Candidates should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
Candidates should request their referees to mail reports on them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. or the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available. Note: students are advised to always check the address/telephone when applying.
UNIBEN POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES ADMISSION METHOD OF APPLICATION.
Candidates are to purchase application forms online with valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARDfrom any commercial bank in Nigeria for the sum of N12,050.00.
The Application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out from the UNIBEN WAEUP PORTAL LINK @ https://uniben.waeup.org.
Click on REGISTER FOR APPLICATION after reading instructions on the page.
The following documents will be printed out from the Website:- application, referee, and Transcript request forms. Any form not properly filled will not be treated.
Admission into some programmes shall be through entrance examination to be conducted on soon to be announced date at the Ugbowo campus.
However, there will be no Entrance Examinations for some programmes. Admission into such programmes will be based on the general requirements approved by the Senate.
Only candidate given admission into the various Pg programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees itemised below.
Bank/Portal Charges – 3,000.00
Admission clearance – 20,000.00
ICT Levy – 6,000.00
Development levy – 15,000.00
MTN Net Library – 1,000.00
Total – 45,000.00
Note: Acceptance fee must be paid before candidates can be cleared.
All application processes must be completed by Tuesday, 30th May, 2017.