President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the reconstitution of the governing councils of the University of Ibadan and 22 other federal universities.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu who said Buhari approved reconstitution of the councils of 23 of the 40 federal universities in the country for a period of four years.
According to the statement, the institutions affected were those whose councils’ tenures have elapsed or would expire on April 9, 2017.
“In making these appointments, Mr. President had taken cognizance of the requirements for membership into governing councils, which include among others, a minimum of a university degree, high integrity, and commitment to educational development of the country.” it revealed.
The presidency also added that consideration was given to geo-political spread, in order to reflect federal character and foster sense of belonging.
1. University of Ibadan – Joshua Waklek, mni
2. University of Nigeria, Nsukka – Chief Mike Olorunfemi
3. University of Lagos – Dr. Wale Babalakin
4. Federal University of Technology, Owerr (FUTO) – Prof John Ofem
5. University of Calabar – Sen. Nkechi Justina Nworgu
6. Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria – AVM Muktar Mohammed
7. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Uni (ATBU), Bauchi – Amb. Niniola Nimota Akanbi
8. Bayero University, Kano (BUK) – Prof. Ibrahim Gambari
9. Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) – Se. J.K.N. Waku
10. Fed. Uni of Petroleum Res., Effurum (FUPRE) – Prof Shehu Abdullahi Zuru
11. Federal University of Technology (FUT), Minna – Prof Femi Odekunle
12. Michael Okpara University of Agric, Umudike (MOUAU) – Engr. Bello Suleiman
13. Modibbo Adama University of Tech, Yola – M. Bukar Zarma
14. Nmandi Azikiwe University, Awka – Alhaji Aziz Bello
15. University of Abuja – Alhaji Sani Maikudi
16. Fed University of Agric, Abeokuta – Dr. Aboki Zhawa
17. Fed University of Agriculture, Makurdi – Prof Alkassum Abba
18. University of Benin – Alhaji Isah Ashiru
19. University of Ilorin – Dr. Jibril Oyekan
20. University of Jos – Prince Tony Momoh
21. University of Maiduguri – Prof. Biodun Adesanya
22. University of Uyo – Prof. A. C. Awujo
23. Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto – Rtd Hon. Justice Pearl Enajere
Source: The Page