According to the directive from the minister of Education Mallam Adamu Adamu, to all specialized universities, they are hereby order to stick to their core mandates which they were set up to carry and desist from running programmes which had no bearing to their foundation.
The government also stated that it had observed that some of these universities of agriculture and technology had derailed from its responsibilities by running some of the programmes they are not created for and are hereby advised to drop all courses not related to their brochure.
BELOW ARE THE AFFECTED UNIVERSITIES AND ARE NOW BANNED TO OFFER COURSES LIKE ACCOUNTING & LAW
- Federal university of technology akure (futa)
- Federal university of technology owerri(futo)
- Ladoke Akintola university of technology ogbomoso (lautech)
- Rivers State university of science and technology portharcourt(RSUST)
- Madibbo Adama university of technology Yola(MAUTECH)
- Abubakar Tafawa university bauchi(ATBU)
- Bells university of technology ota(BUT)
- Enugu state university of science and technology (ESUT)
- Kano university of science and technology Wudil(KSUT)
- Cross river state university of technology (crutech)
- Universities of Agriculture
- Federal university of agriculture Abeokuta (funaab)
- Federal university of agriculture makurdi (fuam)
- Michael okpara university of agriculture Umudike (mouau)
The general public should note that the joint Admission Matriculation Board (jamb) has been appointed to make sure all universities affected comply to the new directives.
Students who are about to enroll for the 2017 utme Exam are advised not to be deceived into choosing such programmes as they are illegal and are not provided for in the brochure.